Chicken and Savoy Cabbage Cannelloni
List of ingredients
12 nice Savoy cabbage leaves
400 g chicken breasts
3 tablespoons of crème fraîche
1 bunch of chives
200 g fromage blanc
Salt and pepper
Food wrap for cooking
Chablis Premier Cru Fourchaume
The cabbage flavor is enhanced in this dish, sweetened by slow steaming which ensures a more delicate, softer texture. Or, if the cannelloni are poached in chicken stock, the flavors are intensified. The Chablis Premier Cru Fourchaume is an ideal companion to the cabbage, thanks to its elegant and intense expression over floral notes of lime blossom, and fresh citrus fruits. The smoothness of the Chablis Premier Cru counters any bitterness in the cabbage and complements the texture of the chicken in the filling. The fromage blanc sauce is given an acidulated kick by the lemon, and brings an indulgent touch to the recipe – a perfect pairing with a Chablis Premier Cru Fourchaume and its peachy flavors and chalky mineral length.
1. Wash the cabbage leaves and blanche them in boiling salted water for 10 minutes. Drain. Set four whole ones aside and shred the rest.
2. Roughly chop the chicken breasts and then process with the shallot, half the chives, the cream and the eggs. Season, add the shredded cabbage leaves, and process again.
3. Place a piece of food wrap on the work surface. Place a whole cabbage leaf on it and flatten. Add some of the chicken stuffing and then roll into a cannelloni shape. Wrap tightly in the plastic. Repeat for the other three.
4. Steam or poach in chicken stock for around 20 minutes
5. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by combining the fromage blanc with the remaining chopped chives, the zest and juice of a lemon, and salt and pepper.
6. Drain the cannelloni, unwrap, and serve with the sauce.
A recipe from Anne Guillot-Kipman – Interfel