List of ingredients
4 pieces of seabream (60 g)
60 g raw sea urchin
4 green shiso leaves
4 red shiso leaves
Taihaku sesame oil
A few carrots
A few radishes
A few dried persimmons
Chablis Grand Cru
A Chablis Grand Cru, a broad and powerful wine with impressive aromatic depth and lingering finish, would make the perfect partner for the mineral taste of the sea urchin and the intense flavor of seabream. The fish is baked with sesame oil which results in a unique flavor of barrel notes. The acidity of the namasu vegetables adds to the umami of the konbu, for a harmonious balance with the wine’s powerful finish.
1. Make a series of incisions in the seabream. Salt and set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Insert the sea urchins in the incisions. Brush with sesame oil and season with rock salt.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 280°C for between six and seven minutes.
4. When cooked, add the shredded red and green shiso leaves.
5. Cut the carrots and radishes into strips and rinse. Place in a brine with 3% salt for around 15 minutes. Remove and wipe off the excess.
6. Halve the persimmons and remove the seeds. Chop finely and set aside.
7. Place the carrots and radishes in some mild vinegar and add the konbu. Wait 30 minutes and then add the persimmon.
Dress the fish with the vegetables and persimmons on a plate and then serve.